Categories: World News

Hamas agrees to release the Israeli-Americans, four others at the end of Ramadan

Israel has transmitted its counter-proposition to mediators of the Gaza Agreement in full coordination with the United States in recent hours, said the Prime Minister’s office on Saturday evening, following information that Hamas accepted the Egyptian offer to release five live hostages.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu held a series of consultations on Friday following the proposal received from negotiators of the Gaza Agreement.

The five hostages would be released in exchange for renewing the ceasefire in Gaza until after Passover and the start of negotiations on a long-term ceasefire, said an Israeli official Walla Earlier in the evening.

Hamas previously expressed its approval from the new proposal to cease-fire in Gaza during Eid al-Fitr to Egyptian officials, who told the Qatarian press organization based in the Kingdom Al-Arabby al-Jadeed Hamas agreed on Saturday, Hamas agreed to release the Israeli-American hostages Edan Alexander and four other hostages.

The conditions of Hamas for the publication of the limited hostage group have not been revealed, noted on Friday the Israeli public broadcaster Kan News, but indicates that the terrorist organization needs the ceasefire for a few days in order to suppress the anti-hamas demonstrations which were held by the Palestinians in the enclave this week.

The Israeli official said that the Egyptian proposal was very similar to that presented by the American envoy of the Middle East Steve Witkoff several weeks ago during the Doha negotiations. At the time, Hamas rejected the proposal. The Israeli official also said that the proposal may also include the release of deceased hostages.

This new brief agreement includes intensive talks between Qatar and the United States, according to the Kan report.

A photograph of Ogle Edan Alexander, outside a Jewish community center in the hometown of Alexandre de Tenafly, New Jersey, United States. December 14, 2024. (Credit: Reuters / Stephani Spindel)

In response to these reports, the removal forum and missing families questioned: “Why only, when everyone can be brought home?”

“The removal forum and missing families would welcome the return of any hostage with all my heart – whether for recovery or burial – but we cannot ignore the fact that the scope reported is insufficient and does not offer a complete solution for the return of all hostages,” the organization said in a press release.

“We call on the Prime Minister, the Minister (Strategic Affairs) Ron Dermer and the members of the cabinet: why only some, when everyone can be brought home?”


Stay up to date with the latest news!

Subscribe to the Jerusalem Post newsletter


The forum requested the return of the 59 hostages to Gaza in a single immediate phase and the end of the fighting.

The Kan report only occurs after the United States has transmitted a message to Hamas via Qatari intermediaries in order to cause Alexander’s release.

The report indicated that Qatar had transmitted the message to Hamas as a token to US President Donald Trump.

Previous reports on Alexander

Hamas has already been accused by Israel of the US proposal for an extension of ceasefire after the terrorist organization announced that it would release Alexandre. A week earlier, N12 revealed that the released hostages had transmitted a sign of life from Alexander, which is detained in an underground tunnel without air or in the sun and is seriously malnourished and insufficient due to a lack of food. He would also have been tortured.

At the end of November, Hamas published a video of propaganda from Alexander, where it spoke a mixture of Hebrew and English. He then goes to Alexander images covering his face with his hands and crying.

Adi Alexander, Edan’s father, said The Jerusalem post That less than 24 hours before the video released, it has been more than a year since the Alexander family received a sign of life from their son.

Alexander was an isolated soldier of Tenafly, New Jersey, and was kidnapped by Hamas on October 7, 2023 near the Gaza border. He moved to Israel and started his FDI service after obtaining his secondary school diploma.

Eid al-Fitr, which begins on Sunday, marks the end of Ramadan quickly.

Amichai Stein, Hannah Sarisohn and Sarah Moskowitz contributed to this report.

William

Recent Posts

They envy says that he and Donald Trump are working on Dr. Congo Mineral Deal

The United States and the Democratic Republic of Congo are in talks on a mineral…

15 seconds ago

Jennifer Lopez’s plunging dress and Broadway Premiere cape

Jennifer Lopez spent an evening in the theater - and her dramatic and theatrical look…

1 minute ago

County Monitor has abused his daughters, according to a complaint

A woman named by the Department of Children and Family Services of the County of…

4 minutes ago

The alum of ‘nypd blue’ ‘Kim Delaney gives the husband a birthday present after having pretended to try to hit him with a car

Kim Delaney seems to have corrected things with her husband, James Morgan, after their respective…

7 minutes ago

Buffett has waited for years for a crash like this, but might not buy yet

Warren Buffett says famous to "be greedy when the others are afraid" and "when it…

12 minutes ago