Categories: sports

Giancarlo Stanton of the Yankees is not about to throw a torpedo bat under the bus

It looks like the torpedo bat is there to stay.

Giancarlo Stanton said he would continue to use the bat when he returned from the elbow tendonitis that landed on the injured list.

We had thought that the experimentation of new-shaped bats could have resulted in the injury, since Stanton declared last month in the training of the spring of Yankees in Tampa that it was due to “probably some bat adjustments” last season without developing.

Giancarlo Stanton missed the start of the Yankees season. Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

Asked Tuesday if he was referring to the Torpille bat, Stanton said: “You are not going to get the story you’re looking for.”

But given the fact that Stanton intends to stick to the bat, it seems clear that he is not afraid that his current bat has caused the injury.

Yankees officials also rejected the idea that the battle, with a barrel, could play a role in injuries.

It is not only at the level of the major leagues, because one of the best prospects for the strike of the organization, Spencer Jones, said on Tuesday that it intended to use one this season after having received it towards the end of spring.



Admittedly, that the Yankees burnt down the Brewers for 36 points in a three -game scan, including 32 points in the last two games and nine circuits in the victory on Saturday, increased interest in the bat.

Aaron Boone said that players would only use the bats if they were comfortable with this and that the team will not mandate it.

“To everyone, Boone.” We want to create an environment where we don’t miss anything (and that) we don’t miss any chance of helping a player get the best or optimizing a player. In the end, it is to the players. ”

Giancarlo Stanton had dealt with tendonitis in both elbows. Charles Wenzelberg / New York Post

Yankees are not alone in their battle development, with several teams from the League to introduce it this season.

However, Boone thinks that the Yankees will continue to have an advantage.

It is not because an organization is aware of what the Yankees do and the other teams that they will be able to reproduce success.

“(To hear about it is different from knowing,” said Boone. “There is a lot more.

As an official of the Yankee said on Tuesday attention that bats get: “It’s the artist, not the brush.”

As Boone noted, “you try to simply optimize the weight of the bats and remove waste places that you do not use.”

Stanton and ex-Yankee Jose Trevino were among the players using the bat in 2024, but it is more widespread at the start of this season.

“You try, where you can on the sidelines, move the needle a little,” said Boone. “And that’s really everything you do. I don’t think it’s a kind of revelation. It is not linked to the weekend we had.”

New York Yankees appointed the striker Giancarlo Stanton (27 years old) in the canoe when the New York Yankees played the Brewers Milwaukee on Saturday March 29, 2025 at the Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, NY. Robert Sabo for New York Post

As Milwaukee’s manager said Pat Murphy, during the weekend, they will have to “resist the time test” before it knows if they are really more effective than traditional bats.

But the Yankees who make the history of the Home Run in their series of season opening in the Bronx have helped.

They equaled a major league record with 15 circuits in their first three games of the season and equaled a franchise brand with 13 circuits in two games.

s92oQeSxPt

Recent Posts

The prices of bananas, coffee, hygienic paper could increase

A customer is producing products in a weekly grocery store in Austin, Texas, February 12,…

3 minutes ago

The judge says that the American government may have “acted in bad faith” when he weighs contempt rather than the expulsion order

By Lindsay Whitehurst, Michael Kunzelman and Alanna Durkin RicherWashington (AP) - A federal judge said…

5 minutes ago

Updates live from Trump: national security officials have been dismissed at the request of Laura Loomer

President Trump dismissed six officials of the National Security Council after an extraordinary meeting at…

6 minutes ago

Resurrections’ but the team “did not answer well”

Laurence Fishburne does not know if he will resume her role as Morpheus in The…

8 minutes ago

Raiders, QB Geno Smith accepts an extension of two years of value up to $ 85.5 million: sources

Las Vegas Raiders and the quarter-Arrière Geno Smith accepted an extension of two years worth…

9 minutes ago

CEO accused of having smothered Man and threatened to kill him on a cruise ship on a dancing incident with bare feet

The CEO of a California -based financial service company faces an accusation of federal assault…

10 minutes ago