Categories: Tech

Genki showing off a dummy replica of the Nintendo Switch 2

Original: CES 2025 is in full swing, and while the tech event isn’t too exciting if you’re into console gaming, a bit of Nintendo Switch 2 is coming out of the show floor as accessory maker Genki is showing off a dummy model.

The company has the unit behind closed doors. To be clear, this is not a final retail unit. However, participants can still get their hands on the dummy device which, according to German media outlet Netzwelt, is larger in the hands. Genki told the site that it has the “exact dimensions” of the Nintendo Switch 2.

Companies that deal with Nintendo Switch 2 accessories should have products ready by the time they release. Genki itself plans several different add-ons, including controllers and a docking station.

Network World notes in its report that the Joy-Con are moved to the side and are no longer pushed upwards when removed. The right Joy-Con would also contain an additional button, which is not labeled, but would be the new C button (functionality is not confirmed at this time).

To be honest, there’s not much new to see here: the Nintendo Switch 2 has seen a significant number of leaks regarding the Joy-Con, dock, and head unit. Still, the fact that Genki takes this model to a major industry event is remarkable. The countdown for Nintendo to make an announcement continues, with the company previously confirming that the news would be shared no later than the end of March.


Update: According to a report from NumbermaGenki claims to have access to a real Nintendo Switch 2 console. Additionally, the company claims that it will launch in April. The site, which supplies accessories manufacturers, also claims that it is possible to buy a Nintendo Switch 2 on the black market “as long as you put a little money aside”.

We also have the following video:

Share this:

Related

remon Buul

Share
Published by
remon Buul

Recent Posts

Embarrassing Isaah Yeo from Penrith – and that has nothing to do with shock loss for cowboys from northern Queensland

Celebrated 250 games with the Panthers The first player to reach the milestone with the…

29 seconds ago

California is continuing to block Trump’s efforts to find federal agencies, including the key fund of the museum – San Diego Union -Tribune

California and 21 other states have taken legal action on Friday contesting a recent Trump…

2 minutes ago

The demonstrator interrupts Microsoft Copilot Keynote, says that the company has “blood on the hands”

A demonstrator interrupted the opening speech focused on Microsoft's co-pilot on Friday afternoon, drawing attention…

3 minutes ago

Obama calls on universities to resist threats from the Trump administration

Former President Barack Obama urged universities to resist attacks by the federal government that violate…

4 minutes ago

Oliver Stone on why “we need more walks”

During his ascent to glory in the 80s, Val Kilmer acquired a reputation among his…

9 minutes ago

Alex Ovechkin links Gretzky’s record for most ONH objectives: NPR

Alex Ovechkin of the Capitals of Washington famous after having beat the Blackhawks of Chicago…

10 minutes ago