Categories: Entertainment

Francis Ford Coppola was `disappointed ” to Laurence Fishburne in Apocalypse now

Laurence Fishburne remembers an incident during the shooting of the 1979 Apocalypse now That he said that the director had left Francis Ford Coppola “disappointed”.

In the new Apple TV + documentary Number one on the call sheet: Black Menia Men in HollywoodThe actor said that his lack of “sexual experience” in adolescence had an impact on a scene in the American film of the epic war.

“There is a scene in Apocalypse now which was cut off from the original film, then it was given in the Redux ”, the Matrix Ranged from the star. “I was 14 years old, 15, I was trying to do this scene by talking about sex and I had no sexual experience. Like, none. ”

Fishburne continued, saying that the Oscar -winning filmmaker “could not understand how to make me more experienced than me, but he continued to ask me to do it again and again. I did something like 40 catches. It was really bad. And I could say he was disappointed. So I really felt, really below, really discouraged. ”

Although he feels in the experience on the set, the Blackish The alum remembered a few edifying words Apocalypse now Star Martin Sheen shared with him, which he claimed “saved my life”.

“I heard Martin whispered in his ear, he said,” Did anyone tell you that you were a very good actor? “” Said Fishburne. “And I said,” No. “He said,” You are a very good actor “. »»

The actor added De Sheen: “This is what n ° 1 on a call sheet is on the point for me.”

Apocalypse nowWho won two Oscars, followed an American army officer serving in Vietnam who is responsible for murdering a colonel of the special forces of Renegade who would have been completely crazy.

Although the incident was not the most beautiful memory of Fishburne of one of his first cinema roles, it apparently had no impact on his relationship with Coppola when he worked with the director on several other projects throughout his career, especially Rumble,, The cotton club,, Stone gardensAnd more recently, Megalopolis.

The Hollywood Reporter contacted the representative of Coppola to comment.

Eleon

Recent Posts

County Monitor has abused his daughters, according to a complaint

A woman named by the Department of Children and Family Services of the County of…

1 minute ago

The alum of ‘nypd blue’ ‘Kim Delaney gives the husband a birthday present after having pretended to try to hit him with a car

Kim Delaney seems to have corrected things with her husband, James Morgan, after their respective…

4 minutes ago

Buffett has waited for years for a crash like this, but might not buy yet

Warren Buffett says famous to "be greedy when the others are afraid" and "when it…

9 minutes ago

The United States added 228,000 jobs in March while the economy showed strong accumulation in Trump Trade Wars

Washington (AP) - American employers added 228,000 surprising jobs last month, showing that the American…

10 minutes ago

Lamar Jackson triggers a legal battle with Dale Earnhardt Jr. on n ° 8

Last year, it was Lamar Jackson against Troy Aikman in a Copyright quarrels on n…

11 minutes ago

IDF, Shin Bet Kill Kill Kill Du Hamas Gaza Hostages Producer Video – Defense News

The FDI and Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) announced on Friday the elimination of the…

12 minutes ago