Four people were killed and 21 others injured in a mass Russian drone attack against the central Ukrainian city of Dnipro, said regional chief of the region.
Serhiy Lysak said that a restaurant complex and several residential buildings were on fire after the attack late Friday.
He added that “the enemy sent more than 20 drones” to the city, and that “most of them have been slaughtered”.
Images and videos emerged later showing firefighters who attack large fires that had swallowed up the buildings that were struck, and a broken glass and other debris dispersed in the streets of the city.
Overnight, air sirens were heard by thinking in several other Ukrainian regions, including the capital, kyiv. It was not immediately clear if there were victims.
Oleksandr Vilkul, head of military administration in the hometown of Zelensky, Kryvyi Rih, also confirmed on Telegram that there was a ballistic missile attack on the central city on Saturday morning, and that until now, five people had been injured.
Buildings of high height and private houses, a school, a car washing have been damaged in the strike, he said.
Meanwhile, the Russian Defense Ministry said that three Ukrainian drones had been intercepted or slaughtered on the western region of Belgorod.
In his video speech on Friday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky accused Russia again to target Ukrainian energy infrastructure-in violation of a temporary moratorium agreed earlier this month in talks involving the United States.
Moscow has also repeatedly accused Ukraine of having attacked the Russian energy sector.
Russian President Vladimir Putin suggested earlier this week that Ukraine should be temporarily placed under the United Nations To elect what he called a more “competent” government.
He was considered the last attempt of the Kremlin to challenge the legitimacy of the government of kyiv – a decision widely condemned by the Ukrainian allies.
Ukraine accused Putin of proposing “crazy” ideas to delay the movement towards a ceasefire movement defended by US President Donald Trump.
Washington said on Tuesday that the two parties had accepted a limited truce in the Black Sea.
But Russia then presented a list of conditions, including the lifting of certain Western sanctions, which aroused concerns that Moscow was trying to derail any decision to a cease-fire.
In a separate development, French president Emmanuel Macron said Thursday that France and the United Kingdom were going forward with plans for “reinsurance force” in Ukraine.
The proposal was discussed at a summit of the “coalition of willingly” – the allies of Ukraine in more than 30 countries – in Paris.
Russia has repeatedly warned that the deployment of European troops in Ukraine would be unacceptable, and that these forces would be considered by the Kremlin as a legitimate target.
Russia launched a large -scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, and Moscow currently controls around 20% of the Ukrainian territory.
"I salute Qatari intelligence organizations that have managed to infiltrate us with an incredible recruitment…
The Boston Celtics are unmatched beyond the arc. Friday, with Payton Pritchard at 3 points…
If you are looking for work, you could consider applying for a job of health…
I am a great supporter to celebrate the little things of life, and the change…
San Juan Capistrano - The San Juan Hills baseball team has taken place this season…
The episode of this evening (April 4) of Smackdown in Chicago started with CM Punk…