Categories: USA

Former WWE CEO Vince McMahon, SEC reach deal over settlements

The Securities and Exchange Commission says it has settled charges against former WWE CEO Vince McMahon over his failure to disclose to the sports entertainment company’s board and others that he signed two settlement agreements worth $10.5 million with two women in order for them not to reveal potential claims against himself and WWE.

The SEC said McMahon, without admitting or denying its findings, agreed to cease-and-desist from violating certain provisions, pay a $400,000 civil penalty and reimburse WWE approximately $1.3 million.

McMahon resigned from WWE’s parent company in January 2024 after a former employee filed a federal lawsuit accusing him and another former executive of serious sexual misconduct. At the time, McMahon stepped down from his position as executive chairman of the board of directors at WWE’s parent company, TKO Group Holdings. He continued to deny wrongdoing following the filing of the lawsuit.

McMahon stepped down as WWE’s CEO in 2022 amid an investigation into allegations that match those in the lawsuit.

The SEC said Friday that one agreement was signed in 2019 and the other in 2022. One agreement required McMahon to pay a former employee $3 million in exchange for the former worker’s agreement to not disclose her relationship with McMahon and her release of potential claims against WWE and McMahon.

The other agreement obligated McMahon to pay a former WWE independent contractor $7.5 million in exchange for the independent contractor’s agreement to not disclose her allegations against McMahon and her release of potential claims against WWE and McMahon, the SEC said.

By McMahon not disclosing the agreements to WWE’s board, legal department, accountants, financial reporting personnel or auditor, it circumvented the company’s system of internal accounting controls and caused material misstatements in its 2018 and 2021 financial statements, the commission said.

The SEC’s order found that, because the payments required by the 2019 and 2022 agreements were not recorded, WWE overstated its 2018 net income by approximately 8% and its 2021 net income by about 1.7%.

Once WWE learned of the settlement agreements, it issued a restatement of its financial statements in August 2022.

“Company executives cannot enter into material agreements on behalf of the company they serve and withhold that information from the company’s control functions and auditor,” Thomas P. Smith Jr., associate regional director in the New York Regional Office, said in a statement.

McMahon was the leader and most recognizable face at WWE for decades. When he purchased what was then the World Wrestling Federation from his father in 1982, wrestling matches took place at small venues and appeared on local cable channels. WWE matches are now held in professional sports stadiums, and the company’s weekly live television program, “Raw,” made its debut on Netflix on Monday, where it had 4.9 million views globally and averaged 2.6 million households in the U.S., according to VideoAmp.

remon Buul

Recent Posts

4 American soldiers who died in Lithuania Swamp when their vehicle has flowed is identified

The army identified the four soldiers who perished last week during a training exercise in…

3 minutes ago

Cynthia Erivo and Ariana Grande are back

Only a month from which "Wicked" ended his season of awards at the Academy Awards…

6 minutes ago

Paul Skenes dominates the shelves the day GQ publishes the profile of him and the girlfriend Livvy Dunne

Tampa, Florida (AP) - The only thing Paul Skenes was questioned on Wednesday Her photo…

7 minutes ago

5 Miami Billionaires List of the richest people in the world in 2025 – Miami New Times

5 Miami billionaires list the richest people in the world in 2025 Miami New TimesThe…

7 minutes ago

Apple Martin addresses “really overwhelming” criticism in a rare interview

Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple Martin addresses "really overwhelming" criticism in a rare interviewApple Martin Drunted…

10 minutes ago

The first black referee of the Premier League Uriah Rennie, 65

By Sam Brookes Posted: 02:59 HAU, April 3, 2025 | Update: 03:02 EDT, April 3,…

14 minutes ago