Collingwood was criticized by football fans after involving AFL not to plan them to play during the 2026 opening tour in Sydney.
The Magpies have started their last two campaigns with heavy defeats against GWS giants in the city of Harbor – and do not want history to be repeated next year.
A Melbourne flight in Sydney usually takes a little more than an hour – but Magpies officials believe that it is too difficult for their game group.
On the other hand, the Eagles of the West Coast and the Dockers of Fremantle will head to the interstate sites of Perth several times this year – each flight to Sydney a touch for five hours.
Naturally, supporters Footy were perplexed by Collingwood – considered the most powerful and most cashed club of the AFL – calling for a match overhaul.
“Having to steal an hour!” Oh humanity, joked one.
Collingwood was energized by football fans after learning apparently with the AFL not to present them during the next opening round in Sydney (illustrated on the left, the star of Magpies Darcy Cameron)
The Magpies started their last two campaigns with defeats against GWS in western Sydney – and they do not want the same result next year (illustrated, the star of the Magpies Josh Daicos in action against the Giants last month)
Football supporters were perplexed by Collingwood calling for a luminaire overhaul (photo)
Another stressed that the flight to Sydney de Melbourne is just over an hour and estimated that the Magpies were `pretentious’ ”
This fan estimated that the Magpies were petulant after the opening defeats of the season against GWS in 2024 and 2025
“You are paid to play football, while complaining about an hour’s flight. Stop being so pretentious, “said another.
“Typical Collingwood … lost two years in a row, so now they want to take their bats and their ball (and their leave),” offered a third.
It sometimes happens that the journalist of Channel Seven Footy Mitch Cleary said this week that the Magpies “set foot” and had “finished playing at the opening”.
The base of their plea is linked to the outlet of the interstate for the shock.
Cleary added that the club was “ in favor of the concept on the whole ” – but they are now ready to follow the head of Carlton, who “launched” with the AFL to stay there and play his first game in Melbourne.
“Pies are the only club to travel in the two years of opening to date, losing the two games ….. they want the charge to be shared,” he added.
“It should be a key discussion subject at the CEO meeting at Gather Round next week.”
Collingwood boss, Craig McRae, said that he would like to see other Victorian clubs move to play in the opening.
The Magpies suffered a 52 -point defeat at the Sydney Showground on March 9 against the Giants (illustrated on the left, Jeremy Howe)
Collingwood coach Craig McRae said he would “like to see other teams playing Sydney next season”
The Giants then reacted to the news by publishing three emojis “Laughing Face” (photo)
“I would like other teams to appear a little more. I don’t know if it’s us next year … I’m not sure, “he said.
The concept of opening tower has been examined in recent weeks, despite Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast and GWS, all members of membership.
But some have expressed concerns about the opening, with the Blues coach, Michael Voss, the categorical lighting should take place in several states.
“What makes us a little different is that we have a national game, and I do not see why we have not announced it …. let’s launch it in each state,” said your.
Last year, Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood all traveled north to play Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast and GWS respectively.