Firefighters tackle a huge blaze at an industrial site after a massive explosion as one person is rushed to hospital
One person has been taken to hospital and people have been warned to keep their windows and doors closed after a fire broke out in an industrial estate in Wales.
The situation is now under control following the Antelope Industrial Park fire, the Rhydymwyn Fire and Rescue Service in North Wales said in a statement on Tuesday.
Heavy smoke was seen billowing from the scene around 7.50am, prompting an alert from authorities for area residents to ‘close windows and doors and stay away from the area’ .
One person has been taken to hospital and people have been warned to keep their windows and doors closed after a fire broke out in an industrial estate in Wales
An air ambulance team landed shortly afterwards and left the scene with one person, who was taken to Wrexham Maelor Hospital for treatment.
A spokesperson said: We were called around 7.50am this morning to report a fire on Antelope Industrial Estate in Mold.
“We deployed an emergency ambulance and were supported by Wales Air Ambulance and the Emergency Medical Transfer and Recovery Service. A patient was transported by road to Wrexham Maelor Hospital for further treatment.
Although firefighters managed to bring the blaze under control, they will remain at the scene.