Skip to content
CNN’s Chris Cuomo off air “indefinitely” after revelations of New York AG investigation into brother


Hello and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know to start your day …

CNN’s Chris Cuomo off the air “indefinitely” pending assessment of his involvement in his brother’s scandals
CNN announced the suspension of the star presenter Chris Cuomo as the network assesses his conduct following the astonishing revelations of the New York attorney general’s investigation into his brother, the ousted Democratic governor. Andrew Cuomo.

“The New York attorney general’s office on Monday released transcripts and exhibits that shed new light on Chris Cuomo’s involvement in his brother’s defense,” CNN began Tuesday night. “The documents, which we were not aware of prior to their public release, raise serious questions. When Chris admitted to us that he offered advice to his brother’s staff, he broke our rules and we publicly admitted it. But we also appreciated the unique position. he was in it and understood his need to put family first and work second. “

Calls to fire the host of “Cuomo Prime Time” intensified on Monday after recently released documents showed he was much more involved in helping his ailing brother than he had previously revealed to viewers.

Transcripts from his interview with investigators show the CNN star admits he would contact media sources to find out about the new accusers who have yet to come out publicly.

“When asked, I contacted sources, other reporters, to see if they had heard of anyone else,” Cuomo told investigators.

Cuomo’s confession contradicts what he told CNN viewers in August when he said, “I never called the press about my brother’s situation.” CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TOP STORY.

In other developments:
– Anderson Cooper awkwardly addresses Chris Cuomo’s suspension to CNN viewers, replaces besieged anchor
– Trump celebrates Chris Cuomo’s suspension by CNN
– MSNBC avoids breaking news of Chris Cuomo’s suspension, refrains from criticizing CNN’s rival anchor
– MSNBC anchor repeated Andrew Cuomo adviser’s ‘spin’ on harassment allegations
– Cuomo’s accuser Charlotte Bennett calls on CNN to fire Chris Cuomo: nothing less lacks “morals and backbone”
– Joe Concha tears up CNN over Chris Cuomo controversy: he shouldn’t ‘sniff a microphone’ just yet

Michigan high school shooting kills at least three students; A 15-year-old suspect in custody
A 15-year-old sophomore in a Michigan high school was taken into custody Tuesday after reportedly filming and killing three students and injuring eight others, including a teacher, according to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office.

The deceased victims have been identified as a 16-year-old man, a 14-year-old woman and a 17-year-old woman. Three of the injured students were in critical condition Tuesday night.

of the sheriff deputies were called to Oxford High School at 12:51 p.m. ET and apprehended the suspect within two to three minutes of arrival.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo off air “indefinitely” after revelations of New York AG investigation into brother

The pistol he allegedly used, a 9mm SIG Sauer SP2022, was purchased four days ago by his father, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said. The suspect had two 15-round magazines and seven bullets were still loaded when police arrested him.

“When they took it from him, he had a loaded gun and he was walking down the hall,” Bouchard said Tuesday night. “That, I believe, interrupted what could have been seven other victims.”

The three critically ill students were a 15-year-old boy, a 14-year-old girl and a 17-year-old girl. The injured teacher was released from hospital earlier on Tuesday with a scraped shoulder.

The gunman, who authorities said acted alone, was not injured and was not responding to questions from authorities, said Deputy Sheriff Michael G. McCabe. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.

In other developments:
– Georgia police officer, 3 more dead after boy with injured face leads cops to gunman
– Shootout in Tennessee during high school basketball game kills 1, “criticizes”: reports
– Waukesha Christmas Parade: Court lost transcript of Darrell Brooks bail hearing in earlier incident
– Atlanta airport suspect in panic shooting incident surrenders to police: report
– Minneapolis sees car drive past Daunte Wright protest crowd: report

Federal judge blocks Biden vaccine mandate for nationwide healthcare workers
A Louisiana federal judge issued a nationwide preliminary injunction on Tuesday against President Biden’s COVID-19[female[feminine vaccination mandate for health workers.

Judge Terry A. Doughty of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana ruled in favor of a request by Louisiana Republican Attorney General Jeff Landry to block an emergency regulation issued Nov. 4 by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services that required vaccines for nearly all full-time, part-time, volunteer, and entrepreneur working in a wide variety of healthcare facilities receiving Medicaid or Medicaid funding.

Louisiana was joined in the lawsuit by attorneys general from 13 other states. Doughty argued in his ruling that the Biden administration did not have the constitutional power to bypass Congress by issuing such a warrant.

“If the executive branch is allowed to usurp the power of the legislative branch to make laws, two of the three powers conferred by our Constitution would be in the same hands,” Doughty wrote. “If human nature and history teach us anything, it is that civil liberties face grave risks when governments proclaim indefinite states of emergency.”

“During a pandemic like this, it is even more important to safeguard the separation of powers set out in our Constitution to avoid the erosion of our freedoms,” he added.

Doughty’s decision echoes one from U.S. District Judge Matthew Schelp, who issued a 32 page order Monday, preventing the Biden administration from applying its immunization mandate to health workers in 10 states. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.

In other developments:
– White House responds to concerns of Moderna CEO regarding omicron vaccine: “We don’t know yet”
– Biden demanding stricter COVID tests for legal travelers even though illegal immigrants have been granted a pass
– University of Oxford on omicron: No evidence COVID-19 vaccines will prevent serious illness
– Mexico plans to give COVID-19 booster injection
– Tucker Carlson: We are in a whole new pandemic

READ TODAY:
– Police search for clues after routine bike ride turns into family nightmare
– ‘Science Guy’ mocked ‘insanely insane’ TikTok video with Biden
– Lakers’ LeBron James in NBA health and safety protocols, could miss 10 days
– Accuser reveals Ghislaine Maxwell’s alleged involvement in Epstein’s orgies
– Superintendent admits major U.S. school district doubles racist theory
– Atlanta Mayor’s Second Round: Councilor Andre Dickens defeats Council President Felicia Moore
– Salvation Army withdraws controversial guide to racism amid public outcry

LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Oil jumps 2% after Tuesday’s drop
– Air travelers to United States to face more stringent COVID-19 tests
Dem-ruled city could become old news because of sky-high costs, CEO warns
– Cathie Wood’s ARK buys one million Twitter shares after Dorsey resigns
– Pfizer Prepares COVID-19 Pill Shipments, Merck Pill Gets FDA Green Light
– Some people may not receive their gift from just one FedEx driver

A FEW WORDS OF END

Cardiothoracic surgeon and television host Dr Mehmet Oz spoke about his recently declared candidacy for a US Senate seat in Pennsylvania in an interview Tuesday night with Fox News’ Sean hannity.

“America is in crisis, this is not news, our values ​​are under attack – so I want to serve America when needed,” Oz said on “Hannity. “” Any choice I make will serve the citizens of Pennsylvania and the United States and none of them serve the special interests of Washington, many of which have been at war my entire career. “

Not yet subscribed to Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.

Fox News’ Go to the monitoring page is now available, offering visitors pay TV provider options in their area, broadcasting Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.

Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ David Aaro. Thanks for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox early Thursday.

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.