Chicago mayoral candidates will answer questions from the black community on the NBC 5 forum – NBC Chicago
NBC 5 has partnered with the Business Leadership Council, WVON, Chicago Urban League and NABJ Chicago to host a Chicago Mayor’s Forum ahead of the city’s general municipal elections.
NBC 5 anchor Marion Brooks and WVON’s Matt McGill will moderate the forum, which focuses on issues affecting Chicago’s black community, from 6-8 p.m. on Monday, February 13.
All nine Chicago mayoral candidates accepted the invitations, including Mayor Lori Lightfoot, Jesus “Chuy” Garcia, Paul Vallas, Willie Wilson, Brandon Johnson, Ja’mal Green, Sophia King, Kam Buckner and Roderick Sawyer.
The forum will be broadcast live on NBC’s streaming channel 5, NBC Chicago News, Peacock, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Xumo Play and NBCChicago.com. Details on how to find NBC Chicago News are below.
It will also be broadcast on the site of our partner Von.Tv.
Chicago’s municipal general election will be held on Tuesday, February 28. Voters will vote for the mayor, city clerk, city treasurer, aldermen of the 50 wards and candidates for the newly created police district boards.
If no candidate wins a majority of votes in the general election in any race, including the mayoral race, the top two voters will advance to a runoff which will be held on that date April 4.
How to watch the Mayor’s Forum on NBC Chicago’s website and app
- Go to NBCChicago.com and click on 24/7 Streaming News in the trending bar.
- Open the NBC Chicago app on your app or tablet, click the hamburger menu in the top right corner, and click 24/7 Streaming News in the trending bar.
- Go to PeacockTV.com or download the free Peacock app for your streaming device, phone or tablet. It is available for iPhone or Android.
- Click on the “channels” tab in the app.
- Scroll through the channels to Chicago NBC News.
- Select the Live TV tile on your Roku TV home screen, then click the left arrow button.
- Open The Roku Channel app, click the left arrow button to access the left navigation menu, scroll down to Channel 129 and select Live TV.
- Go to the “All Channels” part of your TV, connected website or mobile device. Click here to view online.
- Click on “Local News” and navigate to NBC Chicago News.
- Open the Xumo Play app on your favorite mobile device or streaming platform.
- In the Live Guide, there is a vertical list of content sections. Scroll down to the last option, Local News.
- Scroll through the local options and select NBC Chicago News.