With just weeks to go until the January transfer window opens, there’s a lot of gossip going around about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Leao stalls on new Milan deal
Raphael Leao is reluctant to accept a new contract with AC Milan, writes sky sports Germany.
The 23-year-old Portugal international striker has been in talks with the Serie A champions since the start of the season, and with his contract due to expire in the summer of 2024, the latest indicates he is considering leaving the San Siro. if the Rossoneri do not improve their offer.
Chelsea were one of the first clubs interested in signing him, but they are also joined in the hunt by Real Madrid and Manchester City. The Blues previously rejected a €70m offer, with Milan keen to meet their €150m release clause – and a number of impressive displays at the World Cup could see future offers improved for his signature.
Leao maintained his impressive form which helped Milan lift the Shield title last season, contributing 10 goals in 14 Serie A appearances in the current campaign.
– 2022 World Cup: News and files | Program
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Arsenal are prioritizing a move for Mykhailo Mudryk, reports the Athletic. The Gunners have been tracking the 21-year-old winger since the summer, and it is understood Shakhtar Donetsk expect to receive signing requests when the transfer market opens. Mikel Arteta is currently looking for an alternative option after Gabriel Jesus got injured while on international duty with Brazil.
– Austin FC is close to signing Gyasi Zardesaccording Tom Bogert. The 31-year-old forward was most recently a free agent and reportedly signed a three-year contract with the Oaks. The United States international made 26 appearances for the Colorado Rapids in MLS last season, scoring 11 goals in the process.
– Manchester City have joined the race to Josko Gvardiol, reveals Footmercato. Interest in the 20-year-old centre-back seems to be growing after a string of impressive performances at the World Cup for Croatia, and it looks like Pep Guardiola’s side are keen on signing him. Manchester United and Chelsea have also been linked.
– Malo Gusto is the latest right-back to be added to Manchester United’s shortlist, according to Sky Sports Germany. Erik ten Hag assesses potential acquisition options in the January transfer window, and while Denzel Dumfries and Jeremiah Frimpong remain on his radar, the Red Devils could also make an approach for Gusto. The 19-year-old has made 14 Ligue 1 appearances this season.
– While Paris Saint-Germain remain interested in Marcus Rashford, Manchester United are likely to exercise the option clause of their contract, writes Calciomercato. The 25-year-old England international striker is expected to be out of contract this summer, but the latest says he will stay at Old Trafford until the summer of 2024.