Categories: Business

Cartier owner Richemont’s sales rise 10% in third quarter, China weakness remains

Shoppers pass a luxury Cartier store, operated by the Cie. Financière Richemont SA, in the luxury department store Galeries Lafayette SA in Paris, France.

Bloomberg | Bloomberg | Getty Images

Owner of Cartier Richemont announced on Thursday a 10% increase in its sales in the third quarter, even if Chinese demand weighed, which constitutes a positive signal for the health of the luxury sector in Europe during the Christmas shopping period.

Sales reached 6.2 billion euros ($6.38 billion) at constant exchange rates in the three months to the end of December, which the Swiss luxury brand called its “highest-ever” quarterly sales figure highest ever recorded. That was well above the 1% increase analysts expected in a consensus cited by RBC, according to Reuters.

The company reported double-digit growth in all regions except Asia Pacific, where sales fell 7%, led by an 18% decline in the combined regions of mainland China, from Hong Kong and Macau.

China, once a key driver of demand for luxury goods, has been a major drag on the sector as it struggles to emerge from the post-Covid-19 pandemic macroeconomic doldrums.

These results mark a return to growth for the company, which reported a 1% drop in sales in the first half through September, due to a difficult macroeconomic backdrop and more difficult conditions in China . Turnover for this half-year amounted to 10.1 billion euros.

The high-end group was previously an exception in a broader downturn in the luxury sector, posting record full-year sales in May.

Luca Solca, senior global luxury goods analyst at Bernstein, said Thursday’s results provide an initial positive signal for the return to health of the luxury sector as a whole.

Europe and the Asia-Pacific region, excluding greater China, “both experienced strong sequential improvements, driven by higher domestic demand and strong tourism flows, while the Americas continue to be driven by strong local demand,” Solca said in a note.

This is breaking news. Please check again for updates.

remon Buul

Recent Posts

“ Masters of the Universe ” by Travis Knight obtains Cinemacon Reveal

Masters of the universe I have a major first overview of Cinemacon. Amazon MGM Studios…

5 minutes ago

Update 2025 NBA Playoff Pichin

Houston's Rockets are officially in the playoffs. The team won a seeded among the first…

7 minutes ago

Cardinal Krajewski: 20 years ago, the world was motionless, kneeling and cried

Two decades after the death of Pope John Paul II, Cardinal Konrad Krajewski, who has…

8 minutes ago

While my prosperous military husband, I collapse while my dreams disappeared

When I became a military spouse after 11 years of marriage, I thought that the…

9 minutes ago

10 fashionable choices from $ 10

Our writers and publishers independently determine what we cover and recommend. When you buy via…

10 minutes ago

Femme Fencer refuses to compete with the trans opponent, takes the knee before the expulsion; Navratilova Slams USA Fencing – Firstpost

A female chop was expelled from a competition after refusing to face a transgender opponent,…

12 minutes ago