Liv golf star Brooks Koepka admitted that he is still speaking with PGA Tour Commissioner Jay Monahan and would be “open” to participation in certain PGA events if they were authorized.
Koepka, who joined the League supported by Saoudie in 2022, was prohibited (like other VIV players) to participate in non-major.
But in an interview with The Times, he reserved some PGA tournaments to which he would like to return to the future.
“I still have a good relationship with everyone there,” he said. There are a lot of “if”, but I would be open to playing certain events (PGA Tour).
“As I like Phoenix (open, in Arizona). Cognizant Classic, because it is my hometown. I would love to play Dunhill (on the global tour of the DP), but if we can’t, it’s ok. I made my decision.
Koepka said that “Each year in Liv has improved”, but his remarks came after taking a very different tone earlier in the week.
Brooks Koepka said that it would be “open” to play in certain PGA Tour events in the future
He added that he is still speaking with Commissioner PGA Tour, Jay Monahan
Koepka (right) and Bryson Dechambeau are among the stars that are left
Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday, before the last Liv tournament in Doral, Florida, the five -time winner expressed his frustration in the face of the current state of the league.
“I think we all hoped that it would have been a little further, and it is not a secret,” Koepka told journalists. “No matter where you are, you always hope that everything goes further. But they make progress and it seems to go in the right direction.
Since its creation in 2021 – and the poaching of some of the biggest names in golf – Liv has struggled badly for the viewer in the United States.
The League recently signed a broadcast contract with Fox Sports and has only made 40,200 viewers through FS1 and FS2 for the last Riyadh round, according to Nielsen Ratings.
Meanwhile, the events in Hong Kong and Singapore this year attracted 29,000 and 34,000 viewers, Adelaide drawing 249,000 improvements respectively, as Golf Digest.
The newly installed CEO, Scott O’Neil, told journalists this week that 2.5 million people around the world had watched the Riyadh event and called Liv “Golf F1”.
Nevertheless, Liv and the PGA agreed in June 2023 to a “framework agreement” to merge – although almost two years later, an agreement was not finalized.
In February, the directors of the players of Monahan and PGA Tiger Woods and Adam Scott met the governor of Pif Yasir al-Rumayyan (who finances Liv) and President Donald Trump in DC.
However, no agreement has been concluded, and Rory McILroy told journalists this week that a formal agreement “does not have the impression of being closer”.