Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.

Body recovered from Chicago River near The Salt Shed – NBC Chicago

Police say a body was found in the North Branch Chicago River on Saturday morning, not far from The Salt Shed concert venue, where a 26-year-old man went missing after a concert earlier this week.

The body was pulled from the river near the 1300 block of North Elston Avenue around 9:45 a.m., and the person was pronounced dead at the scene.

The identity of the individual has yet to be released by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office, pending an autopsy.

The discovery comes as relatives of 26-year-old Noah Enos plead for his safe return after he never returned home from a concert at the Salt Shed on Monday night.

Enos’ girlfriend, Nicole Wijs, told NBC Chicago that her boyfriend went to the King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard concert with a co-worker.

Enos texted and sent her Snapchat messages throughout the night, including a photo inside the venue. She said her last message from Noah was around 9 p.m. His phone died about an hour later.

“They reviewed some of the footage and they saw him and his colleague walking around the room around 9.30pm. They said the show ended at 10:00 p.m., so there’s a 30-minute gap they’re looking at to see maybe where he would have entered the venue.

Wijs said Noah’s co-worker told him the two broke up as the show was ending. His family and friends posted his photos and shared the missing person’s flyer on social media to find him.

“There were people who posted and contacted me saying they saw him at the concert,” she said.

As Chicago police try to piece together the timeline of events, Wijs said her boyfriend meant the world to her. The two have been together for two years, but have known each other since middle school.

“Incredibly smart, charismatic, caring, a wonderful person, a wonderful boyfriend, a wonderful father to our two dogs,” she said. “Not the kind of person who would get up and walk away without asking questions, for no reason.”

Wijs said Noah had just started a new job at the Frontier restaurant in Wicker Park. She told NBC Chicago that he and his co-worker went for a drink at Big Star in Wicker Park before taking an Uber to the concert.

“I love you so much. I miss you. I’m sick and falling apart without you,” she cried. “I’m scared. I’m so scared that you’re not safe wherever you are, that you’re not being taken care of and I just want to know that you’re okay, I want you to come home.

NBC Chicago

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.

Back to top button