Billy McFarland has denied information reporting the government of Playa del Carmen indicating that “no registration exists” for its Fyre Fest 2 event on books for next month. A few hours after the Mexican city declaration on Friday, McFarland alleged that he had his documents for the event to take place.
“Fyre is working directly with the government of Playa del Carmen (PDC) and their civil servants since March 5, 2025 to ensure a safe and successful event,” wrote the condemned fraudster. “All media reports suggesting that our team has not worked with the PDC government is simply inaccurate and based on disinformation.”
McFarland added: “Fyre worked as a good partner with the PDC government and followed the appropriate processes and procedures to legally host an event.”
In his article, McFarland shared allegedly from email privileged with supposed members of the Playa del Carmen government, photos of supposed permit approvals and screen desgrabes of an Instagram page mentioning the second Fyre Festival event.
Earlier in the day, the tourist town denied that Fyre Fest 2 would occur there, just a few weeks after the tourist council of Isla Mujeres – another city that McFarland announced as its host – also said that the event “does not exist”.
“Neither this event nor any event with his name will occur in our city,” shared the government of Quintana Roo in a press release. “After examining the information on the situation, we may confirm that there has been no registration, planning or conditions to indicate that this will happen in our municipality.”
McFarland shared the details of tickets for the event in February, scheduled from May 30 to June 2, with prices from $ 1,400. “I’m sure many people think I’m crazy to start again,” said McFarland at the time. “But I think I would be crazy not to start again. After years of reflection and now reflected planning, the new team and I have incredible plans for Fyre 2.”
Earlier this week, McFarland said that the event had 1,800 confirmed guests and that its range included rappers, DJs, pilots, creators and athletes, but would not share who would really participate.
McFarland had previously pleaded guilty to accusations of fraud linked to the disastrous First Fyre Festival and was released from prison in 2022 after having served less than four years.
Another baby "love is blind" has arrived! Amber Barnett gave birth to her and her…
Some of the best companies in the world have been taken in the recent market…
New York (AP) - Alex Ovechkin Pulled roughly the perfect shot of the place on…
I used to think that flattering jeans were a unicorn in a herd of poorly…
Alessia Russo left the Lioness camp and returned north of LondonListen now: everything is launched!…
By Doug FeinbergTampa, Florida (AP)-Uconn is back at the top of women's basketball, winning his…