The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Bayern’s plan if Lewandowski leaves? Cristiano Ronaldo.
Bayern Munich consider replacing Robert Lewandowski with the Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo on whether the Poland international leaves this summer, according to a report by AS.
Lewandowski has long been linked with a move to Barcelona as the striker has a strong desire to leave Bayern and take on a new challenge. It looks like Ronaldo has a similar mindset at Old Trafford as it becomes increasingly clear he wants to leave.
With Manchester City and Liverpool having signed Erling Haaland and Darwin Nunez respectively, Ronaldo is losing faith that he can win titles with the Red Devils. He doesn’t want to spoil his final years at elite level and add to his entire career’s achievements as Bayern have assured him he will fight for the Bundesliga crown again and be one of the main contenders to win. the Champions. League.
The Portugal international’s future could see him move to Bavaria which would be seen as a major blow for the Bundesliga champions and would likely neutralize the blow of losing Lewandowski. Especially after signing Sadio Mane, Ronaldo joining Thomas Muller, Kingsley Coman, Leroy Sane and Serge Gnaby would certainly leave them with plenty of attacking options.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Sky Sports have announced that Chelsea are interested in the Juventus centre-back Matthijs de Ligt, who has a release clause of 120 million euros. It comes with the Blues looking for defensive reinforcements after Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen joined from Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively.
– As Juventus seek Napoli centre-back Kalidou KoulibalyTuttosport report how I Bianconeri plan to raise the necessary 40 million euros. Merih Demiral is likely to join Atalanta definitively, Pietro Beruatto will join Pisa, Cremonese wants Luca Zanimacchia but faced with competition from Parma, Roland Mandrake is getting closer to joining Fiorentina, while Matteo Brunori could definitely join Palermo. And De Ligt’s possible departure for Chelsea only makes the need for Koulibaly more urgent.
– Paris Saint-Germain have entered into discussions with Lens regarding a possible transfer for Seko Fofana, as reported by L’Equipe. The Ivorian is one of several midfielders who have been linked with PSG in recent weeks as the Ligue 1 champions see it as an area that is important to strengthen during the summer transfer window.
– Barcelona winger Ousmane DembeleThe future of remains uncertain with his contract expiring at the end of the month and Marca have given an overview of his situation. Things are reportedly at a standstill with Barcelona as they wait to see if they can secure the financial deals they have brokered. Moreover, Chelsea could move for the Frenchman even if he signs that of Manchester City Rahim Sterlingand Angel Di MariaThe reported departure from Paris Saint-Germain means there is a place Dembele could fill, as he is still on Bayern Munich’s shortlist despite their interest having waned slightly in recent days.
– Olympique de Marseille is preparing to make a financial effort to sign definitively Guillaume Saliba of Arsenal, reports Foot Mercato, after the impressive campaign of the central defender on loan to OM. It’s even hinted that they could be ready to offer €40m for the Frenchman, while Pablo Longoria’s negotiating skills are set to be put to the test.
– Roma will hold talks with Nicolas Zaniolo at the end of the transfer window if he is still at the club, Sky Sports Italia report. His current contract expires in 2024 and there have been talks of a possible move to Tottenham Hotspur, but no offers or real negotiations.