The summer transfer window is approaching and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Will Barca use Dest for Lewa?
Barcelona are reportedly looking for a top striker this summer and Sport report that the Blaugrana are in talks to sign Bayern Munich Robert Lewandowskiwith Sergino Dest potentially go the other way.
Poland international Lewandowski is set to be a free agent in 2023, with talk of his desire to sign a new deal already there in interviews with reporters. However, his lack of clarity means he is walking away from Bavaria after eight years at the club.
The 33-year-old has scored 339 goals in 367 appearances in all competitions for Bayern, becoming one of Europe’s most feared strikers. His tally last year managed to break Gerd Muller’s 49-year-old record for most goals in a Bundesliga season and his 31 this season shows no sign of stopping soon.
However, his contract issues have put him at the center of an uncertain period, with Barca boss Xavi Hernandez keen to seize the opportunity. Bayern reportedly value Lewandowski at €65m which might be too much for Barca considering their financial struggles.
That’s where Dest comes in, with the report claiming the Bundesliga club are interested in the American full-back as an option for the future. The 21-year-old, who has started just 15 league games this season, could be included in a swap move that suits both sides.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Real Madrid consider move for Bayern winger Serge Gnabry, according to Marca. The 26-year-old, who has scored 11 goals and six assists in the Bundesliga this season, is uncertain about his future due to his contract expiring in 2023. This opened up the possibility for him to leave the club, with Los Blancos watching someone play on the right as Vinicius Junior holds down the left.
– Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are monitoring the transfer of Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante in the summer, says AS. Kante, 31, has become one of the most successful players of his generation, winning eight trophies since his time in the Premier League, including an unlikely title with Leicester City. However, with his contract expiring in 2023, the France international’s time in England could soon be up, with Los Blancos and the Parisians are considering a transfer.
– Wolverhampton Wanderers are looking to extend the midfielder’s contract Ruben Neves until 2026, reports Ekrem Konour. The 25-year-old has made 28 Premier League appearances this season, becoming a crucial player for the Midlands club, but missed out on Saturday’s derby win over Aston Villa where manager Bruno Lage claimed he was a ” big loss.” Two other Premier League clubs are reportedly interested in a transfer, with the Portugal international out of contract in 2024.
– Kalidou Koulibaly has been linked with leaving Napoli for several years now, but he could extend his stay with the Azzuri like Nicolas Schira reports that the club have offered him a new contract. The 30-year-old has been at the club since 2014, with his contract expiring in 2023. The current offer runs until 2025, offering the position of club captain due to Lorenzo Insigne’s impending transfer to Toronto FC this summer.
– Mohammad Salah has been at the center of contract speculation in recent months, with his contract at Liverpool expiring in 2023. However, the saga has taken another dramatic turn as The Mirror reports that the Egypt international is set to sign a deal which will see him stay at Anfield for the rest of his career.