The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Koundé to reject Chelsea for Barcelona
Barcelona beat Chelsea in the transfer of the defender from Sevilla Jules Koundeaccording to Sports.
The Catalan side would sign him on a four-year deal and pay Sevilla €50m, along with €10m in bonuses, for the transfer of the 23-year-old centre-back.
The France international appeared destined to join Chelsea earlier this week, with the London side presenting a higher offer of €65million. However, Barcelona are said to be willing to pay the full fee upfront while the Blues have offered to pay in instalments.
Barcelona manager Xavi Hernandez has reportedly been instrumental in persuading Koundé to join Camp Nou alongside Thomas Tuchel after promising the defender a key first-team role this season.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Chelsea considering move to Manchester United transfer target Denzel Dumfries, reports the Gazzetta dello Sport. Both Premier League sides should have paid Internazionale a fee of €40m or more for the 26-year-old Dutch winger as the Nerazzurri seek to balance their payroll. The Serie A side initially sought to achieve this through the transfer of Milan Skriniar, but his exit has stalled with Paris Saint-Germain reportedly unwilling to match the 27-year-old’s €80m price tag. Chelsea could reignite their interest in Dumfries as they have already inquired about him during negotiations for Romelu Lukaku.
– Juventus have offered Liverpool £20million for Roberto Firminoaccording Ekrem Konour. The 30-year-old is in the final year of his contract with the Reds, and he had previously expressed no desire to leave Anfield this summer. However, the forward is likely to struggle to earn a place in Jurgen Klopp’s starting line-up this season, with a new club record. Darwin Nunez ready to lead the front line alongside Mohammad Salah, Diogo Jota and Luis Diaz. Nonetheless, the Brazil international has impressed in his last three pre-season starts for the Merseyside club.
– Eintracht Frankfurt Philippe Kostic are considering a switch from West Ham United, according to Bild. The 29-year-old, who registered 15 assists and seven goals in 42 appearances last season, is yet to respond to the Bundesliga outfit’s offer of a three-year contract extension. The Serbian international is reportedly interested in a move to the Premier League, however, the midfielder is expected to give up Champions League football as West Ham only compete in the Europa Conference League.
– Harry Maguire rejected a move from Manchester United to Barcelona in a swap deal for Frankie de Jong, reports the Mirror. The 29-year-old centre-back and club captain reportedly refused to leave Old Trafford this summer, deciding to fight for a starting spot next season following his loss of form. The move was reportedly influenced by new manager Erik ten Hag, who sees Maguire as a key figure in the Red Devils dressing room.
– PSG plan to complete two transfers by next week, according to L’Equipe. The Ligue 1 outfit are already close to agreeing a five-year deal with RB Leipzig Nordi Mukiele, with the 24-year-old defender reportedly reaching an agreement on personal terms. The Parisians are also in advanced talks for the Lille star Renato Sanchesbut negotiations for the 24-year-old midfielder are said to be moving too slowly for PSG sporting director Luis Campos, who wants both transfer targets to join pre-season training.