At least 9 people shot dead in Chicago over the weekend, police say – NBC Chicago
Chicago police said at least nine people have been shot in the city so far this weekend.
In one of the reported incidents in the 3800 block of South Archer in the Brighton Park area, two 17-year-olds were walking around 10.50pm on Saturday when someone fired shots from a passing vehicle.
One of the teenagers was struck in the back and lower back and was listed in serious condition at an area hospital. The other teenager was shot in the shoulder and was listed as undamaged.
Here are the rest of the reported shootings from the weekend so far.
- A 20-year-old man was standing in the 1900 block of West Cermak at around 2.19am when he was shot in the buttocks and knee. Police said the man was taken to an area hospital, where he was listed as undamaged.
- At around 2:30 a.m. in the 10500 block of South Vernon, a 44-year-old man was standing outside when he was shot by someone in a passing sedan, police said. The man was shot in the leg and thigh and was hospitalized in critical condition.
- In the 5100 block of South Maplewood, at around 3:30 a.m., a 21-year-old man was walking outside when he heard multiple gunshots and felt pain in his hand. He was taken to an area hospital in good condition, police said.
- Two teenagers were walking down a street in the 3800 block of South Archer at approximately 10:50 a.m. when a person fired from a nearby vehicle. One of the 17-year-olds was shot in the lower back and taken to an area hospital in serious condition, and police said another 17-year-old was in good condition after being shot in the shoulder.
- In the 300 block of North Racine at approximately 3:12 p.m., a 44-year-old woman was walking to her car when she was grazed by a bullet in the arm. She went to an area hospital, where she was listed in good condition.
- Police say a 60-year-old woman was standing in front of a car in the 6400 block of South Eberhart at around 6.11pm when she was shot in the right finger, buttocks and shin. Police said she was taken to an area hospital in good condition.
- In the 2800 block of North Leavitt at around 11:35 p.m., a 34-year-old man was sitting in a car when two men approached the car and shot him in the abdomen and leg, police said. The man was transported to an area hospital in acceptable condition.
- A 41-year-old man was taken to a local hospital after being shot at around 11:50 p.m. Friday. The man was in good condition, but no further details were available.
Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.