An Israeli bombing of a school made a shelter in Gaza City killed at least 27 people, said rescuers, and hundreds of thousands of people in the Rafah region run away in one of the greatest mass trips of the war in the middle of the newly announced Israel campaign to “divide” the Gaza Strip.
Three missiles struck Dar al-Arqam school in the Al-Tuffah district Thursday afternoon, Civil Defense The spokesman for the agency Mahmoud Bassal said, killing several children and injuring 100 people.
The building was used as a refuge for the Palestinians displaced from their houses. In a statement, the Israeli army said it had taken precautions to avoid civilian victims in the attack on what he described as a control center for the Hamas militant group.
20 other people have been killed on an air strike from dawn in the suburbs of Shejaia de Gaza City, bearing the total number of victims reported by the local health ministry at 97 in the last 24 hours.
The intense wave of Israeli bombings occurs in the middle of a major expansion of air and land operations of the Israeli defense forces (FDI) in the Palestinian territory besieged following the decision of Israel to abandon a ceasefire two months ago.
The Israeli army said Thursday that it had reached more than 600 “terrorist targets” through the strip since its resumption of large -scale air strikes on March 18. The Gaza Ministry of Health, on which the UN is based for injury data, says 1,163 people have been killed in the bomb attacks since the ceasefire collapsed.
Benjamin Netanyahu Prime Minister on Wednesday said that the army “seized the territory” and “divided” Gaza. Israel has cut humanitarian aid, food and fuel to the band for more than a month in order to put pressure on Hamas.
He did not explain the quantity of Palestinian lands that Israel intended to capture the renewed offensive, but according to OCHA, the United Nations humanitarian agency, the FDI declared 64% of the military buffer areas and the “no” areas for civilians.
Netanyahu’s latest announcement has renewed fears of permanent travel for the 2.3 million residents of the strip. It is also likely to inflamm the concerns that Israel intends to permanently take control of the territory.
On Thursday, local media images showed that hundreds of thousands of Palestinians fleeing the southern city of Rafah and the surrounding area, while Israeli land troops were advancing to create the newly announced safety corridor of Netanyahu. However, the movement was hampered by at least three Israeli strikes on the two main roads leading to the north.
After promoting the newsletter
The “Morag road” bears the name of a Jewish colony which was once between Rafah and Khan Younis, suggesting that the new military zone will separate the two cities in the south in the same way as the Israel Netzarim corridor, just south of the city of Gaza.
The war in Gaza was launched by the attack on October 7, 2023 of Hamas against Israel, in which Israel says that 1,200 people, the majority of civilians, were killed and 250 other captives. The military campaign to reprisal in Israel killed at least 50,357 people in Gaza, most civilians, according to the Ministry of Health in the territory.
The efforts led by Qatari and Egyptian mediators to restart cease-fire talks have so far failed.
An American tourist left alone last week on an inflatable boat for the distant island…
Udpate, 9:58 a.m. Microsoft AI CEO, Mustafa Suleyman, was interrupted during a presentation at the…
Julio Jones has not played since 2023, but he only announced his retirement on Friday."Today,…
The judges showed a certain frustration this week on how the Trump administration defended himself…
Welcome to April! We have succeeded in dark winter days, and what better way to…
It was three weeks before Christmas when Rachael Blackmore is aboard a flight at 7…