World News

Actor Nora Fatehi sues Jacqueline Fernandez in Rs 200 Crore extortion case

[ad_1]

New Delhi:

Bollywood actress Nora Fatehi today filed a lawsuit against fellow actor Jacqueline Fernandez and 15 media outlets, for defamatory remarks she allegedly made. She accused the media of “transmitting and broadcasting” Ms Fernandez’s remarks. Ms Fatehi further claimed that her actor rival and the media were “acting in collusion with each other”.

“A conspiracy by Defendant #1 (Jacqueline Fernandez) to insure the financial, social and personal downfall of Plaintiff was hatched and implemented by said action,” she said in the motion filed by through his lawyer.

“Her rapidly advancing career has obviously threatened her rivals who are unable to compete with her on an equal footing,” the petition reads.

“It became apparent that the aforementioned rivals, unable to compete fairly against the Complainant in the industry, began to try to tarnish her reputation, which would cause her loss of work and therefore open greener pastures for her rivals in the industry. industry,” he adds.

The remark in question relates to the Rs 200 crore extortion case being investigated by central agencies, where con man Sukesh Chandrashekhar is the main accused. Both actors have been summoned by investigative agencies and Ms Fernandez is named as a defendant in the case after it was revealed she had received expensive gifts from the scammer. Mrs. Fatehi also received gifts from Sukesh.

On December 2, leaving the office of the Directorate of Execution after recording her statement, she denied having received gifts from Sukesh.

Jacqueline Fernandez previously told the Prevention of Money Laundering Appeal Authority, or PMLA, that it was surprising that, like her, other celebrities, including Norah Fatehi, had also been defrauded by Sukesh Chandrashekhar in the case, but as Nora Fatehi and other celebrities who received gifts from Sukesh Chandrashekhar are made witnesses, she is wanted to be dragged as a defendant.

The ED in its supplementary indictment filed in the extortion case against con artist Sukesh in a Delhi court mentioned the name of Jacqueline Fernandez as the accused.

ED’s earlier indictment did not list her name as the accused, but did provide details of the statement recorded by Jacqueline Fernandez and Nora Fatehi in the case.

According to the ED, Sukesh was confronted by Ms Fernandez on October 20, 2021 where she revealed he had arranged private jet trips and hotel stays on several occasions.

Nora Fatehi’s statements were recorded on September 13, 2021 and October 14, 2021, where she said she got a booking for a charity event and during the event she received a Gucci bag and an iPhone from Sukesh’s wife , Leena Paulose, the probe had told the agency.

Nora Fatehi further stated that Leena Paulose called her with her husband and put the phone on speaker, where he thanked her and said they were her fans. She then announced that they were going to give her a brand new BMW car as a token of love.

“The reputation of anyone in the film industry is an asset and any attack on it would cause enormous and irreparable harm to their career. All the defendants here are fully aware of this and it establishes that the defamation they have made is with intentions of bad faith,” says Nora Fatehi’s defamation petition.

[ad_2]

ndtv

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button