USAWorld News

ABC pulls Backstreet Boys holiday special after Nick Carter rape allegation

[ad_1]

ABC will no longer air the Backstreet Boys’ “A Very Backstreet Holiday” special.

The special, which was scheduled to air Dec. 14, was pulled after singer Nick Carter was accused of raping a 17-year-old girl during the boy band’s 2001 tour, according to Variety.

Carter, along with bandmates AJ McLean, Kevin Richarson, Brain Littrell and Howie Dorough, had filmed the special earlier this month in Los Angeles, filled with songs from their 10th studio album, “A Very Backstreet Christmas,” for celebrate the holiday season. .

The special was also set to feature celebrities Seth Rogen, Meghan Trainor, Rob Riggle, Nikki Glaser, Ron Funches and Atsuko.

Shannon "Shay" Ruth's press conference.
Shannon “Shay” Ruth claims Nick Carter raped her when she was just 17.
Child MolestationAttorneys/Facebo

Shannon “Shay” Ruth, 39, filed a sexual abuse complaint against Carter Thursday in Nevada and alleged she was sexually assaulted and infected with HP when she was 17.

“The past 21 years have been filled with pain, confusion, frustration, shame and self-harm that are a direct result of the rape of Nick Carter,” Ruth said at a press conference alongside her attorneys. at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.

Ruth, who has revealed she has autism and cerebral palsy, alleges the sexual assault took place in February 2001 while the Backstreet Boys were performing in Tacoma, Washington.

Shannon "Shay" Ruth's press conference.
Ruth alleges that Carter intimidated her into keeping quiet.
Facebook / Childhood sexual abuse

At the press conference, Ruth alleges that the singer invited her back on the band’s tour bus after she was chosen by Carter from a group of autograph applicants.

Ruth noted at the press conference that she thought she could “go to jail” if she told anyone about the alleged sexual assault.

“Carter tried to scare me into silence…he was mean and threatening,” Ruth said, recounting the encounter.

Carter, 42, has spoken publicly through his attorney, denying all allegations against him.

Carter sings during the Christmas special
Carter’s attorney denied all allegations on behalf of his client.
WireImage
street boys
The Backstreet Boys perform their 2013 Christmas special for TNT.
WireImage

“This claim about an incident that allegedly took place more than 20 years ago is not only without legal basis, but also completely false,” the Backstreet Boys member’s attorney, Michael Holtz, said in a statement obtained by Page. Six.

Holtz said that for several years Ruth “was manipulated into making false allegations about Nick.”

Carter’s attorney also alleges that the allegations have changed “repeatedly and materially over time” and are “an orchestrated press stunt by an opportunistic attorney.”

[ad_2]

New York Post

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button