Categories: sports

‘A real world championship must be inclusive …’ – Firstpost

The International Chess Federation (FIDE) reiterated that no agreement between the World Sports Body and the Freestyle chess tour had been reached concerning the use of the term “world championship”.

Learn more

The International Chess Federation (FIDE) published a detailed statement on Monday, only a few hours after the World Organization said that no agreement with the Freestyle failures had been contacted during the use of the term “championship of the championship of the championship world »For freestyle chess events.

This development comes after it was reported that the co-founder of the failures of Freestyle Jan Henric Buettner and the president of Fide Arkady Dvorkovich approached a “friendly agreement”. In March 2024, Magnus Carlsen, world n ° 1, with Buettner, co -founded the Freestyle Chess Players’ Club (FCPC) and also announced the Grand Chelem Freestyle Chess tour which will start from February 6.

While freestyle chess organizers intend to use the “world championship” at their tournament, Fide firmly opposed this decision, even urging players to sign a contract declaring that they will not participate Not at a non-info world championship. In the middle of the controversy, the legendary Grand Master Indian Viswanathan Anand recently withdrew from the Grand Slam tour of Freestyle’s failure.

Full declaration of Fide on Freestyle failures

“In recent days, Fide has embarked on many discussions with the” freestyle chess tour “concerning the potential recognition of their event as a world championship. Despite our desire to collaborate, including offering an exemption from the participants of the competition scheduled for 2025, renouncing the costs for the 2025 edition, and requesting the end of the non -founded charges against Fide and undergoing conventional failures – no agreement has been concluded.

“The” Freestyle Chess Tour “has chosen not to recognize Fide’s existing authority on the world championship title and has chosen to remain a private tournament, mainly putting elite players handpicked, rather That an open and transparent qualification process, “The Fide said in a press release.

FIDE also asked players to sign the renunciation note on February 4. “A real world championship must be inclusive, with transparent qualification paths which follow the rules and regulations of Fide – with the consensus of the world chess community – as shown in the cycle of the faithful world championship. Without these principles, the integrity of the title is in danger.

“Taking this into account, players wishing to participate in the event of the Freestyle 2025 chess tour must sign the renunciation note at 6:00 p.m. on February 4, 2025, to remain eligible for the official cycle of the Fide World Championship . We note that this document does not impose new requirements on players but provides them with a unique exception of their existing contractual obligations towards Fide, ”added the declaration.

However, Fide said that these restrictions will not apply if the failures of Freestyle remove the title of “World Championship” of their event. “However, if the” Freestyle Chess Tour “removes the title of” World Championship “of their event, these restrictions will not apply.

“Fide remains open to collaboration, but we are firmly in our commitment to protecting the integrity and history of the world championship and the entire chess community,” concluded the press release.

newsnetdaily

Recent Posts

Family of women found inside Van in San Diego Tow Yard Sues City, Police

The family of a woman found dead inside her vehicle, who was towed to a…

2 minutes ago

Val Kilmer asked Will Forte to make “the incredible breed” together

Will Forte wrote an emotional essay in the first person for Vulture in which he…

6 minutes ago

Why this Korn Ferry Tour Pro records his mouth during the competition – PGA Tour

Why this Korn Ferry Tour Pro records his mouth during the competition PGA TourGolfer Castes…

12 minutes ago

Lindsay Lohan’s plunging black dress in Cinemacon

Lindsay Lohan took projectors for a few years and moved away from the action. But…

15 minutes ago