5 dead, at least 11 injured in Chicago weekend shootings – NBC Chicago
Chicago police say five people have been killed and at least 11 others injured in shootings across the city so far this weekend.
The first fatal shooting of the weekend was reported Friday night in the first block of East 40e Street.
Police say a 36-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk when shots were fired, hitting him in the chest.
Friends took him to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. No suspects are in custody and police continue to investigate the shooting.
Around 7:11 p.m. Saturday in the first block of West 105e Street, a 32-year-old man was in an alley when he was shot in the chest and in the face, police said.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. No suspects are in custody and Area 2 detectives are investigating.
Early Sunday in the 5500 block of West School at around 2.26am, four people were standing in a group following an altercation inside a bar when an assailant opened fire, hitting them.
Three of the victims, a 50-year-old man, a 26-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman, were all seriously injured and all three were pronounced dead.
A fourth victim, a 25-year-old woman, was hit in the head by gunfire and was hospitalized in critical condition.
No suspects are currently in custody and the investigation is still ongoing.
- A 38-year-old man was inside a vehicle when a sedan pulled up near him and an assailant fired shots, hitting him in the ankle, police said. He was transported to an area hospital in acceptable condition.
- In the 4900 block of North Spaulding at around 2.18am, a 28-year-old woman was driving when a person in a blue sedan fired shots, hitting her in the face. Police said she was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was listed in critical condition.
- A 31-year-old man was walking toward a vehicle in the first block of West Randolph at around 3:37 a.m. when someone in a red-colored SUV shot him. The victim pulled out a gun and returned fire, striking at least two suspects in the vehicle. Both were taken to area hospitals in good repair and taken into custody by Chicago police.
- Just before 11 a.m. in the 1000 block of West 103rd Street, a 22-year-old man was shot in the right leg while standing in his garden. He was transported to an area hospital in good condition, police said.
- Chicago police say a 20-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk in the West Division’s 5100 block around 1:55 p.m. when he was robbed at gunpoint. The suspect then shot the victim, hitting her in the leg. He was transported to an area hospital in good condition.
- In the 2000 block of East 67e Street around 6:10 p.m., a 33-year-old man was inside a residence when he was hit in the head by gunfire. Police said he was taken to an area hospital, where he was listed in critical condition.
- A 19-year-old man was traveling in a vehicle in the 2400 block of South Rockwell at approximately 9:11 p.m. when he was shot in the stomach. He was transported to an area hospital in fair condition, police said.
- In the 900 block of West 53rd Around 5:43 p.m., a 36-year-old man was on the front porch of a residence when he was shot in the left shoulder. Police said the man was transported to an area hospital in acceptable condition.
- Just after 11 p.m. in the 1300 block of West 80e Street, a 31-year-old woman was shot in the head during a domestic altercation with a man inside a home, police said. The woman was transported to an area hospital in fair condition and the man was taken into custody.
- A 22-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk in the 5900 block of West Roosevelt at approximately 11:52 p.m. when he was shot in the left leg. Police said the man was transported to an area hospital in acceptable condition.