Three people were killed and a 15-year-old boy was among seven others who were shot and injured in Chicago on Friday.
- A man was shot and killed on the West Side. The man, 31, was shot in the back around 1:20 p.m. in the 800 block of North LeClaire Avenue, Chicago police said. Paramedics took him to Stroger Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
- About an hour earlier, a 61-year-old man had been shot dead on the South Shore. At least two gunmen approached him on a sidewalk in the 7700 block of South Saginaw Avenue and opened fire. He died of a gunshot wound to the chest at South Shore Hospital.
- A man was killed after an argument in Palmer Square on the northwest side. The 22-year-old man was on the sidewalk in the 2100 block of North Bingham Street around 11:30 p.m. when two men opened fire after an argument, police said. He was shot in the chest and taken to Masonic Medical Center in Illinois, where he was pronounced dead, police said. His name has not yet been released.
- Around the same time, three men were involved in a shootout with gunmen in a red van in the 900 block of West Cullerton Street around 11:30 p.m., police said. A 47-year-old man was shot multiple times in the body and was taken to Stroger, where he was in critical condition, police said. Another man, 34, was shot in the buttocks and a 33-year-old man was shot in the right arm, police said. The two entered Stroger and were listed in fair condition, police said.
- A 15-year-old boy was shot and injured during an argument in the Back of the Yards neighborhood, police said. The shooter arrived in a white vehicle and opened fire around 8:50 a.m. in the 5100 block of South Damen Avenue, police said. The teenager was shot in the abdomen and thigh and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, police said. His condition has stabilized.
Three other people were injured in a shooting in Chicago on Friday.
Two people were killed and four others injured in a shooting in Chicago on Thursday.