Chicago police say one person has been killed and at least 23 others injured in shootings across the city so far this weekend.
A 24-year-old man was found shot dead inside an apartment building in the 7800 block of South Laflin on Sunday morning.
Police say a neighbor discovered the man lying inside the entrance after sustaining multiple gunshot wounds to the head.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene and no suspects are currently in custody.
Here is the rest of the shootings of the weekend.
- A 22-year-old man was shot dead after refusing to receive a wand at a Millennium Park entry point. As security approached him, the man opened fire and an off-duty Cook County Sheriff’s Deputy returned fire, striking the suspect. He was taken into custody and treated for non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
- At around 8 p.m. in the 7600 block of South Rhodes, a 20-year-old man was hit in the leg by a gunshot, police said. He was transported to an area hospital in good condition.
- In the 5300 block of West Gladys at around 12:46 a.m., a 28-year-old woman was in a car when she was shot in the right hand. The woman was dropped off at an area hospital and was listed in good condition, police said.
- Police say a 28-year-old man exited a car in the 2000 block of West 70and Street around 12:46 a.m. when he was shot in the left arm. The man was taken to an area hospital and listed as undamaged.
- A 23-year-old man was in a vehicle in the 1900 block of East 80and Street around 2:45 a.m. when he was grazed in the head by a gunshot. He was transported to an area hospital in acceptable condition, police said.
- At approximately 5:21 a.m. in the 8500 block of South Commercial, three people were inside a vehicle when a person opened fire. A 25-year-old man was shot in the lip and right arm and was listed in serious condition, police said. A 24-year-old man suffered a facial abrasion and a 36-year-old man suffered a laceration to his right hand.
- In the 7000 block of South Bennett at around 9.47am, a 35-year-old man was shot in the left thigh and right ankle, police say. The man was transported to an area hospital in serious condition.
- Police say two men were standing on a sidewalk in the 2300 block of South Homan just after midday when they were both shot. An 18-year-old was shot in the stomach and a 27-year-old was shot in the arm, and there were no immediate updates on their condition.
- Three people were shot dead in the 7700 block of South Kingston around 4.30pm, police said. A 36-year-old man was shot in the buttocks and taken to an area hospital in critical condition. A 46-year-old man was shot in the upper right leg and was listed as undamaged. Another 46-year-old man was scraped on the leg and refused to receive medical treatment, police said.
- At approximately 5:45 p.m. in the 3900 block of West Jackson, a 50-year-old woman was walking from her car toward a residence when three men opened fire, striking her in the leg. She was transported to an area hospital in good condition, police said.
- Illinois State Police say woman was shot nearly 47and Street on Dan Ryan Expressway Saturday night. Authorities said the shots were fired south at the scene, hitting the woman. She was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries.
- In the 7100 block of South Carpenter at around 11 p.m., a 33-year-old man was standing outside when he was shot in the arm. Police said the man was transported to an area hospital in good condition.
- Three men were inside a garage in the 4700 block of West Maypole when they were shot just after 1.30am, police said. A 34-year-old man was shot in the groin and hospitalized in critical condition. A 36-year-old man was shot in the ankle and taken to an area hospital in good condition. A 33-year-old man was shot in the neck and was listed in fair condition. Police said a weapon was recovered and no suspects are in custody.
- At approximately 1:38 a.m. in the 3000 block of West Polk, two men were standing outside when a person on foot shot them. The two men, a 23-year-old man and a 24-year-old man, suffered multiple gunshot wounds and were transported to an area hospital in fair condition. Police say a witness told them the shooter jumped into a silver sedan and fled.
- In the 300 block of South Hamlin, a 49-year-old man was standing outside when he was shot in the right thigh. Police said the man was transported to an area hospital in good condition.